Shock and Prayers
>> Wednesday, July 28, 2010 –
Army
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Earlier this evening I was feeding Burke his dinner and felt the earth move and my house shake along with a very loud boom. I thought we were having another earthquake. I turned around and saw an enormous fire ball escape into the sky followed by a tower of black smoke. I was in shock. Did I see what I thought I saw? Immediately prayers were said and I turned to the local news station. I waited to hear the news that a C-17 crashed with four crew members on board. My heart sank even more.

My heart is heavy and sad for the loss of our country's servicemembers. My prayers are with their family and friends.
Friday, July 30, 2010
Almost two days later I am still in shock. Sometimes when I close my eyes all I see is the fireball that shot up so high into the sky. The Air Force confirmed all four aboard were killed. The crew was practicing maneuvers for this weekend's air show. The crash site is under meticulous investigation. The air show will go on and this is what Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson had to say: "We do this to both honor the loss of our four Airmen and also to pay respect to all servicemembers who make the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms." I agree with this statement and I hope the sun will shine upon all who attend and honor our servicemembers, both past and present, and all those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.
So very sad Kara. Wow...I can't even imagine.
My prayers are with the families.