6 months...already???

On Tuesday, April 6th, Burke turned 1/2 a year old. Wow, time is flying. Looking back I remember thinking when he was just a few days old - "how am I going to make it to 6 months?" Some how I did and Burke is still alive, well and for the most part a happy baby. We've had our ups and downs but mostly ups. And I've loved every minute of it. Burke is growing but his pace has slowed a bit. I think he's working on his brain matter and creating millions of neurons to be a smart little cookie.

His stats:

  • 18 lbs - 50th percentile
  • 27.5 inches - 75th percentile
  • 17.25 inch head circumference 50-75th percentile
  • He is meeting all developmental standards for 6 month old babies
No teeth yet but I'm pretty sure he's teething. He's always chewing on my chin. His sleeping patterns leave much to be desired. Burke is more clingy. I'm trying to do what I can to make him feel better.

The biggest accomplishment of late is sitting all by his lonesome. I look forward to when he learns how to get into the sitting position all by himself because he can get pretty demanding when he falls over and can't sit up. But most of the time when he's horizontal he's rolling all over the place.

I don' think he'll be crawling in the next few weeks but he sure is working on the prerequisite skills. It's awesome to watch him turn circles on his belly. He's scooting backwards when he does attempt any crawl. So funny because he can get a little angry because he's moving away from what he wants.

Justin and I are so blessed to have such a fabulous little guy. We find ourselves truly amazed that he's ours. So lucky, so blessed.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Our First Hike up Diamond Head, Oahu, Hawai'i

About This Blog

We moved to the Last Frontier during the summer of 2009. Since we are a LONG ways from family we figured a blog was a great way to share our adventures of parenthood and our exploration of Alaska.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP