Evil Teeth
>> Sunday, May 16, 2010 –
Baby
This past Monday I thought everything was finally getting better with Burke's sleep routine. Back in mid-April Justin and I started Ferberizing Burke in order to teach him to self soothe and put himself back to sleep. With coaching from my good friend, Mae, we went through some rough nights but sleep for all of us improved immensely. I kept up with the new routine while Justin was in SE Asia. The night before he returned home everything went to heck.
Burke woke up multiple times through the night screaming and he was sometimes inconsolable. My heart was breaking because I couldn't help him. My assumption was teething and we still assume he's teething. Needless to say, Burke's been a BEAR this past week. The Evil Teeth have yet to rear their ugly head(s). We hope they rupture soon!
We're trying lots of different ways to help Burke with teething. Thanks to advice from family, friends and posts on Facebook we're using teething tablets, teething gel, frozen peaches, biter biscuits, wet washcloths, acetaminophen, ibuprofen (both required a trip to a store with generic OTC pain killers due to the J&J recall), and giving him pretty much anything he wants.
Here's to wishful thinking that it will get better sooner rather than later. I know we have many more teeth to worry about, but right now I just want one, and if I'm lucky, two teeth, to appear over night. Justin and I need some good sleep!